After venturing through different expressive ways, I reached a point where I commenced to get away from reality and lose interest in it. I then decided to delve into the world of forms in themselves, without trying to convey a message or idea other than the mere formal joy of my work, making an emphasis on the designs that my mind has drawn from my formal experiences. I do not want to repeat or recreate reality but rather to shape my inner restlessness and accumulated knowledge to create formal solutions that collect all my life experiences as an artist, joining my old path with the new one to come.
Painter and Printmaker
PERSONAL DATA: Date of Birth: May 27,1941
Place of Birth: Havana, Cuba Citizenship: Cuban-American
1976 – 1977 Engraved at the UNEAC’s Printmaking Workshop, Havana, Cuba.
1976 – 1980 Founder and coordinator of landscape painters group Nine Versions, Havana, Cuba.
1977 – 1980 Former member of UNEAC’s Fine Arts Section, Havana, Cuba.
1979 – 1980 Former member of the Cuban Ministry of Culture’s Technical
Counseling Council for the Fine Arts, Havana, Cuba.
1980 Between 1964 and 1980, participated in over 80 group shows in Cuba as well as abroad.
1980 Moved to the United States.
- 1963 – 1967 Studied at San Alejandro Fine Arts Academy, Havana, Cuba.
- 1976 – 1977 Printmaking (Lithograph and Linoleum) at the UNEAC’s Workshop, Havana, Cuba.
- 1985 – 1986 Studied Etching at the Metropolitan Museum Printmaking Workshop, Coral Gables, FL
1991 – 1992 Who’s Who Among Hispanic Americans
- Guanlan Printmaking Base Artist Resident Program 2011 and 2012, Guanlan, Shenzhen, China.
- Monoprint Workshop, Middle School #1, Guanlan, China, April 2012
- Victor Gomez conducted Monoprint Workshops at the Bakehouse Art-Complex, Miami, FL August 15, 1992.
- Several Monoprint workshops at his own workshop, Miami Press. The New World School of Art, Miami, FL, 1996
- ADAPES, San Salvador, El Salvador, Central America, 1993
- Miami Dade Community College Kendall Campus, Miami, FL April 1999
- The Florida Printmakers Society.
- International Graphic Art Foundation. International Print Triennial Society, Cracow. The Boston Printmakers, Boston, MA.
- The Monotype Guild of New England, MA
In 1986 Victor Gomez founded Miami Press Publishers and Dis- tributors, Inc. a Printmaking Workshop dedicated to promote and publish limited editions of Cuban masters as well as contemporary artists. Within a few years, Victor Gomez published the works of thirty nine Cuban artists, including Cundo Bermudez, Mario Car- reño, Agustin Fernandez, Jose Mijares, Guido Llinas, Osvaldo Gutierrez, Hugo Consuegra, Gay Garcia, Carmen Herrera and many others, as well as his own art.
- Aug. 2020 Stone from Other Mountains, Invitational Print Exhibition at National Museum of Print, Shenshen, China.
- Aug. 2020 Red Clay Survey 2020, Huntsville Museum of Art, Huntsville, Alabama.
- July 2020 10th Print Biennial of Douro, Portugal.
- 2020 International Print Biennial of Taipei, Taiwan National Museum, Taiwan, ROC
- Nov. 2019 ENCOUNTER: Nine Contemporary Cuban Artists, Saladrigas Gallery, Belen Jesuit Preparatory School, Miami, FL
- Oct. 2019 Contested Spaces 2019, Harnett Biennial of American Prints, University of Richmond Museum, Richmond, VA
- Oct. 2019 Di Carta / Papermade Biennale Internazionale dei Opere di Carta, Fogazzaro Palace, Schio, Italy.
- Sept. 2019 19th Invitational International Print Biennial of Guanlan, China.
- Aug. 2019 Invitational 4 Global Print 2019, Portugal.
- Jun. 2019 80th Midyear Exhibition, The Butler Institute Museum, Ohio
- Apr. 2019 ArtFields Lake City, Creative Alliance, Lakecity, SC
- 2018 NordArt International Competition 2018, Budelsdorf, Germany.
- Jun. 2018 International Print Biennial Taipei, Taiwan Museum of Art, Taiwan, ROC
- 2018 Mini-Print Biennial Tama Art University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Jul. 2017 Red Clay Survey, Exhibition of Contemporary USA Southern Art, Huntsville Museum of Art, Alabama.
- Sept. 2017 CLOSEUP II: Nine Contemporary Cuban Artists, Lore Degenstein Gallery, Susquehanna University, Philadelphia.
- 2017 Bradica Group Show, Carlos Saladrigas Gallery, Belen Jesuit School, Miami, FL
- 2017 International Print Biennial, Guanlan, China.
- Feb. 2017 PENTAVISIONS: Five Contemporary Cuban Artists Alberto Carol, Lia Galletti, Ismael Gomez-Peralta, Victor Gomez and Aimee Perez, Ivette Arango Interior Design, Coral Gables, FL
- Feb. 2017 Tribuna Graphic 2017 Invitational Printmaking Exhibition, Cluj-Napoca Art Museum, Romania.
- Jan. 2017 Tokyo International Mini Print Triennale Touring Exhibition, Sapporo, Japan.
- Oct. 2016 IX Encounter of Cuban Printmaking, Center for the Development of Visual Arts, Havana, Cuba.
- Aug. 2016 Black and White, Milander Art Center, Hialeah, FL
- July 2016 CLOSEUP: Eight Contemporary Cuban Artists, Webber College Gallery, Ocala, FL
- June 2016 International Print Biennial of Taipei, Taiwan National Museum, Taiwan, ROC
- June 2016 International Competition NordArt, Budelsdorf, Germany.
- Apr. 2016 Expressions: The Afterlife of Color Art Exhibit, Milander Art Center, Hialeah, FL
- Sept. 2015 International Mini-Print Exhibition and Competition 2015, Tama Art University, Japan.
- Aug. 2015 Of the Americas: Contemporary Latin American Art Exhibition LUAG Lehigh University Art Galleries, Bethlehem, PA
- May 2015 V International Print Biennial of Guanlan, China Print Museum, Guanlan, Shenzhen, China.
- Aug. 2014 Span & Dialogue 2014 American Contemporary Print Exhibition A selection of 28 American Printmakers that were invited to stay at the Artists Resident Program in the Guanlan Printmaking Base, China in the past few years. This show was curated by Hugh Mer- rill, printmaker and professor of the Kansas City Institute.
- June 2014 Trayectos de Ida y Vuelta: Gráfica Transibérica Desde Miami Baruj Salinas, Victor Gomez, Joaquin Gonzalez, Gustavo Acosta, Nestor Arenas and Sergio Payares, curated by Aldo Menendez and Samir Assaleh. Sala Siglo XXI, Museo de Huelva, Huelva, Spain.
- May 2014 I Will Walk For You Fundraising Art Exhibit,Coral Gables Museum, FL
- Jan. 2014 For Collectors by Collectors, Group Exhibition, Art Spaces, Wynwood, Miami, FL
- 2010-2013 Itinerant Exhibition of the Members of The Boston Printmakers Zullo Gallery, Medfield, MA, 2010. Huntsville Museum of Art, Huntsville, Alabama, 2011. Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Nat- ick, MA, 2011. Transportation Building Boston, Boston, MA, 2011. The Sawyer Center for Fine & Performing Arts, Colby Sawyer College, New London, NH
- Oct. 2013 La Mano Hispana, Milander Art Center, Hialeah, FL
- Sept. 2013 Regards Croises, Espace Nouveau Vallon, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Sept. 2013 IV International Print Biennial of Guanlan, Shenzhen, China.
- Dec. 2012 A Great Small Format, La Boheme Group Show, Miami, FL
- Nov. 2012 Prints: Another Look, From Modern to Contemporary, Greenwich Art Council, The Bendheim Gallery, Greenwich, CT
- 2012 The First Lingshi International Print Biennial, China.
- 2012 The Fifth Beijing International Art Biennale, Beijing, China.
- Aug. 2012 Invitational International Print Biennial of Douro, Douro Museum, Alijo, Portugal.
- July 2012 International Print Biennial Exhibit, National Museum of Taiwan, Taipei, Taiwan.
- June 2012 Cortadito Miami 2012, Cremata Gallery, Miami, FL
- Jan. 2012 27th International Exhibition, Meadows Gallery, Department of Art and Art History, The University of Texas at Tyler.
- 2012 International Print Triennial of Cracow Poland, Falun, Scandi- navia, Sweden.
- Sept. 2011 Art of the Unique Print, Paul Mellon Arts Center, Wallingford, CT
- May 2011 International Print Biennial and Competition, Guanlan Printmak- ing Base, Guanlan, Shenzhen, China.
- Sept. 2010 RUTA 2010 International Competition, Bakehouse Art Complex, Miami, FL
- Sept. 2010 Caribbean, Latin American & Latino Portraits & Figurative Im- ages From the Benjamin Ortiz Collection, Bruce S. Kershner Gallery, Fairfield, CT
- Sept. 2010 Juxtapositions: A Collector, The Arts and the Collection Caribbean & Latin American Works From the Benjamin Ortiz Collection, Gallery of Contemporary Art at Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- Apr. 2010 20th Annual Mid-Atlantic Art Exhibition, d’Art Center, Norfolk, VA
- June 2010 Monotype Guild of New England 25th Anniversary Exhibition, Falmouth Art Center, Falmouth, MA
- May 2010 THINK: The Boston Printmakers Members Show 2 Zullo Gallery Center for the Arts, Boston, MA
- June 2010 Farewell to the Sea: Remembering El Mariel 30 Years Later Zu Galeria Fine Arts, Miami, FL
- Nov. 2009 Abstractomicina, Cremata Gallery, Miami, FL
- Nov. 2009 International Print Triennial, Krakow, Poland.
- 2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial A Collection of Prints, Guanlan China.
- Oct. 2008 CAFÉ VIII, The Journeys of Cuban Artists, Temple University Campus, Rome, Italy.
- Oct. 2008 The 2008 Pacific Rim International Print Exhibition and Competition, University of Canterbury Art Centre, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Oct. 2008 4th Biennial National Print Exhibition, Northern Arizona University Art Museum, AZ
- Sept. 2008 National Juried Monotype-Monoprint Exhibition, Attleboro Art Museum, MA Organized By the Monotype Guild of New England.
- Sept. 2008 International Print Biennial Competition and Exhibition Yunnan, China.
- Oct. 2007 CAFÉ VI, Union Gallery of the University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- May 2007 International Print Biennale in Guanlan, Popular Republic of China.
- Sept. 2007 CAFÉ VII, Interdisciplinary Art and Performances Gallery, AZ
- Oct. 2006 A Well Kept Secret: 40 Years of Collecting, Miami-Dade Community College, Miami, FL
- Apr. 2006 Print Now, Edge Zones, World Arts Building, Miami, FL
- Nov. 2005 Tokyo International Mini Print Triennial 2005, Exhibition for the 70th Anniversary of the Foundation of Tama Art University Tokyo, Japan.
- Nov 2005 14th International Print and Drawing Exhibition and Competition, Florida Printmakers, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- June 2005 12th Miami Printmakers and Overview, Lurie Galleries, Miami, FL
- Apr. 2005 Spring Into Art Auction, Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Mar. 2005 6th Kochi International Triennial Exhibition of Prints 2005, Kochi, Japan.
- Mar. 2005 The Boston Printmakers 2005 North American Print Biennial, Boston University Gallery, Boston, MA
- Jan. 2004 The 11th International Biennial Print and Drawing Exhibition 2004, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
- Sept. 2003 International Print Biennial Beijing 2003, Beijing Yan Huang Art Gallery, Beijing, Popular Republic of China.
- Sept. 2003 International Print Triennial-Krakow 2003, Poland.
- Dec. 2002 VII International Printmaking Biennial of Orense, Spain.
- Nov. 2002 Art Trends: Miami’s Trek III A DECADE OF ART 1980’S Miami Dade Community College, Kendall Campus Gallery, Miami, FL
- Oct. 2002 Participated with 200 finalists in the selection from Triennial In- ternational Competition of Cracow Poland 2000 in the show Ze- ichen der Gegenwart, at the Vienna Art Center Gallery, Austria.
- Oct. 2002 II Argentinian Biennial of Latin American Printmaking, National Printmaking Museum, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- May 2002 Grand Prix of the Public, Contemporary Art Gallery, Katowice, Poland.
- Jan. 2002 Purim Ball 2002, Jewish Museum, Miami Beach, FL
- Dec. 2001 10th International Biennial Print and Drawing Exhibition ROC, Taipei Fine Art Museum, Taiwan, China.
- Dec. 2001 Selection from International Print-Krakow 2000 Poland, Cultural City Network, Graz, Austria.
- 2001 Triennial Continents, Ksiaz Castle Gallery, Walbrzych, Poland.
- Oct. 2000 Contemporary Drawings by Latin American Artists, Gallery North, Miami Dade Community College North Campus, Miami, FL
- Oct. 2000 I Argentinian Biennial of Latin-American Graphic, National Printmaking Museum, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Sept. 2000 International Print Triennial Cracow 2000, Poland.
- 1999 International Triennial 100 Cities (International Print Triennial Cracow, Selection in Poland) Local Government in Serock, Poland. Castle Museum in Lancut, Poland. Cultural Center, Zdunska, Wola, Poland. Ostroleka Gallery, Ostroleka, Poland. Art Exhibition Bureau, Krosno, Poland. Local Government, in Prudnik, Poland. Orzel Bialy Memorial Museum, Skarzysko Kamienna, Poland.
- Sept. 1999 Contemporary Cuban Printmaking Group Show, Jose Alonso Fine Arts, Miami, FL
- Mar. 1999 Celebrate 20 Years With Our Artists, Group Show, Barbara Gillman Gallery, Miami Beach, FL
- Oct. 1998 Tokyo International Mini-Print Triennial, Tokyo, Japan.
- Mar. 1998 XII Biennial of Latin American and Caribbean Printmaking of San Juan, PR
- Nov. 1997 Osaka Triennial 1997 Print, Osaka, Japan.
- Mar. 1996 The 3rd Kochi International Triennial Exhibition of Prints, Ino-Cho Paper Museum, Kochi, Japan.
- Nov. 1995 45th Boston Printmakers, Boston, MA
- Nov. 1995 Invitational International Award Winners Show-The Contemporary Prints of Japan and the World The Steps in Postwar 50 Years, Kanagawa Arts Foundation, Kanagawa, Japan.
- 1994 MTG’94 (International Print Triennial) – MTG’94 (International Print Triennial) Krakow, Poland-Palac Sztuki, BWA Krakow.
- 1994 Print Triennial’ 94 Consumenta’95 in Nuremberg, Nuremberg, Germany.
- 1995 Graphic Constellation ‘95, Graz, Austria – Cultural City Network.
- 1994 INTERGRAFIA ‘94 (World Award Winners Gallery) Intergrafia ‘94 – World Award Winners Gallery, Katowice, Poland BWA Katowice. Intergrafia ‘94 – World Award Winners Gallery, Ronneby, Sweden Kultur Centrum Ronneby. Intergrafia ‘94, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia – Statna Galeria. Selections from Intergrafia’94 Krakow, Poland Jewish Culture Centre.
- Nov. 1994 Osaka Triennial 1994. 5th International Contemporary Print Competition, Osaka, Japan. The event received 2109 entries and the jury selected 155 finalists for the exhibition, Victor Gomez was one of them.
- Summer 1994 The Dwight Merrimon Davidson Contemporary Print Exhibit and Competition, Elon College, NC
- Apr. 1994 Fourth Auction to Cure AIDS, Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables, FL (his art work was sold at that time.)
- Nov. 1993 Osaka Triennial ‘93 International Competition of Painting, Osaka, Japan.
- April 1993 X Biennial of Latin American and Caribbean Printmaking of San Juan, PR
- Feb. 1993 24th Bradley National Print and Drawing Exhibition and Competi- tion, exhibited simultaneously at Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences and the Peoria Art Guild, IL
- Oct. 1992 El Impacto De Dos Mundos, Artspace, CT
- Oct. 1992 Paper Vision No. IV Biennial Exhibition, Housatonic Museum of Art, CT
- Nov. 1991 The International Triennial Competition of Print, Osaka, Japan.
- Sept. 1991 Contemporary Caribbean Artists, Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT
- Feb. 1991 IX Biennial of Latin American and Caribbean Printmaking of San Juan, PR
- Jul. 1990 One Of A Kind Exhibition, Stanford Museum and Nature Center, Stanford, CT
- Mar. 1990 One of a Kind Exhibition and Competition, Sigma Gallery, Soho, NY
- Oct.-Jan. 1989 Galerie Des Editions Universelles, Toulouse, France.
- Jan.-Mar. 1989 Museo de la Estampa, Mexico, DF
- Oct. 1988 Hanaru Gallery, Seoul, Korea.
- Oct. 1988 VI Ibero American Biennial of Mexico, Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico, DF
- Oct. 1988 Intrinsic Form, Center for the Arts, Vero Beach, FL
- Sept. 1988 Korea Design & Packaging Center, Seoul, Korea.
- Mar.-May 1988 Chateau Royal de Collioure, Fundation de Collioure
- France. 1987 13th International Independent Exhibitions of Prints in Kanagawa.Kanagawa Prefectural Gallery, Yokohama, Japan.
- 1987 7 Artists of Miami, Galeria Dos, Miami, FL
- Nov. 1987 Cuban Artists in North America, National Library of Canada, Ottawa.
- 1987 Contemporary Cuban Art, Metropolitan Museum and Art Center, Coral Gables, FL
- Sept. 1987 Ceramic as Canvas, Main Library-Metro Dade Cultural Center, Miami, FL
- Mar. 1987 I Art Auction, Cuban Museum of Arts and Culture, Miami, FL Jan.-Feb. 1987 Mini Print International, Fundación La Caixa, Lleida, Igualada and Valencia, Spain.
- 1987 Mini Print International, Monserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA
- Nov. 1986 12th International Independent Exhibition of Prints in Kanagawa, Kanagawa Prefectural Gallery, Yokohama, Japan.
- Nov. 1986 Monoprints and 3-D, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Coral Gables, FL
- Oct. 1986 Hispanic Printmakers, Miami-Dade Community College, North Campus, Miami, FL
- 1986 Hot Off The Press: A Monoprint Group Show, Barbara Gillman Gallery and Miami Press Printmaking Workshop, Miami, FL
- 1986 Mt. Sinai Medical Center 22nd Annual Exhibit, Cleveland, OH
- 1986 Mini-Print International, Richards Gallery, Northeastern Univer- sity, Boston, MA
- Oct. 1986 I Biennial of Miami, Ibero-American Painting, Miami Convention Center, Miami, FL
- 1986 V Ibero-American Biennial of Mexico, Mexico, DF
- Aug. 1986 Cristissa Art Gallery, Coral Gables, Miami, FL
- 1986 VI Mini Print International, Cadaqués, Barcelona, Spain.
- Apr. 1986 Miami Mental Health Center 2nd Annual Art Auction and Exhibition, Miami, FL
- Dec. 1985 Le Petit Format Group Show, Sibi Cultural Center, Miami, FL
- 1985 Alloyage, Sibi Cultural Center, Miami, FL
- 1985 Gallery Artist Invitational, Virginia Miller Galleries, Miami, FL
- 1985 Arte Lationamericano De Hoy, Galeria de Armas, Miami, FL
- 1984 A Tribute To Hispanic Art In Miami, Circle Gallery, Miami, FL
- 1984 Fine Arts Auction, (WPBT) Channel 2, Miami, FL
- 1983 Mariel Festival of the Arts, Tamiami Park, Miami, FL
- 1983 18 After 3, Consolidated Bank and City of Hialeah, Hialeah Race Track, Hialeah, FL
- 1983 Fine Arts Auction, (WPBT) Metropolitan Museum, Coral Gables, FL
- 1983 In Search of New Horizons, Petit Gallery of Burdines, Miami, FL
- 1982 Homage to Escandalar Magazine, Shenandoah Library and Meeting Point Gallery, Miami, FL
- 1982 Hispanic Heritage Week Art Show, University of Miami, FL
- 1981 Ten Out Of Cuba, INTAR Latin American Gallery, New York, NY
- 1981 Hialeah Showcase, City of Hialeah, FL
- 1981 Group Art-10, Koubek Center of the University of Miami, FL
TWO MAN SHOWS:
- Nov. 2006 REALMS, new works by Sergio Garcia and Victor Gomez, Naomi Silva Art Gallery, Atlanta, GA
THREE MAN SHOWS:
- Aug. 2020 Abstracto Continuo, Gilberto Frometa, Victor Gomez and
Rigoberto Mena, Kendall Art Center, Miami, FL
- Apr. 2005 Three Points of View: A Three Man Show, Vicente Dopico, Silvio Gayton and Victor Gomez, Colombian General Consulate, Coral Gables, FL
- May 1996 3 One Of A Kind: Monotype, Ramon Carulla, Nelson Franco and Victor Gomez, Cuban Collection Fine Art, Miami, FL
- June 1994 Works On Paper: Victor Gomez Monotype, Lisa Jane Kohner Silverpoint, David Kudzma Cyber Painting, Metro Dade Cultural Resource Center, Miami, FL
- Mar. 1988 Recent Works: Roberto Estopiñan, Lia Galletti and Victor Gomez, The Kimberly Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
ONE MAN SHOWS:
- Nov. 2012 Pleasure of the Mind: Monotypes, Aluna Art Foundation, Miami, FL
- Mar. 2011 Atrium Gallery of the Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Arts Center, Montgomery College, Silver Spring, MD
- Aug. 2010 Victor Gomez, Maestro de la Pintura, Autonomus University of Mexico, DF
- Dec. 2009 One Man Show and release of Victor Gomez: Mastery Journey, A Biographical Serigraphs Portfolio, Casa Bacardi, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Jan. 2005 Victor Gomez: Recent Painting, O & Y Gallery, Coral Gables, FL
- Nov. 2000 Victor Gomez: Oil On Canvas, Cuban Collection Fine Art, Coral Gables, FL
- May 1999 Victor Gomez: Recent Monoprints, Cuban Collection Fine Art, Coral Gables, FL
- Oct. 1997 Victor Gomez: The Principle of Uncertainty, Monoprints, Cuban Collection Fine Art, Coral Gables, FL
- Feb. 1996 Hot Monotypes: Victor Gomez Monotypes, Cuban Collection Fine Art, Coral Gables, FL
- Mar. 1992 Victor Gomez Paintings and Monoprints, Vanidades Gallery, Miami, FL
- Sept. 1992 Monoprints by Master Printmaker Victor Gomez, Swenson Gallery, Bakehouse Art Complex, Miami, FL
- Nov. 1991 Heart Attitudes: Recent Monotypes, Sterling Gallery, Miami, FL
- May 1991 Victor Gomez: Monotipos Recientes, Galeria Ridel, Rio Piedras, PR
- July 1988 Victor Gomez: Recent Monotypes, Fred Snitzer Gallery, Miami, FL
- Feb. 1986 Victor Gomez: Paintings & Monotypes, SIBI Cultural Center, Miami, FL
- 1985 Fresh Paint, West Dade Regional Library, Miami, FL
- 1984 Recent Works, Miami Lakes Palm Springs North Branch Library, Miami, FL
- May 1984 Two Man Show, Ana Sklar Gallery, Bay Harbor Islands, Miami, FL
- 1982 Recent Painting, Ana Sklar Gallery, Bay Harbor Islands, Miami, FL
- 1975 Maximo Gomez Library, Havana, Cuba.
- 1975 La Rampa Art Gallery, Vedado, Havana, Cuba.
- 1974 Cuban Institute of Broadcasting, Havana, Cuba.
- 1974 Ministry of Justice Art Gallery, Havana, Cuba.
- 1973 National Fisheries Institute, Havana, Cuba.
- 1972 Ministry of Justice Art Gallery, Havana, Cuba.
1982 – 1984
Has been associated with the Ana Sklar Gallery at Bay Harbor Island, and with Rauchbach-Sklar Gallery in Boca Raton, FL
1984 – 1986
Has been associated with Virginia Miller Galleries. (Art-Space), Coral Gables, FL
Has been associated with Patricia Judith Art Gallery Ltd. as well.
1986 – 1991
Barbara Gillman Gallery, Miami, FL
1987 – 1989
Gillman-Stein Gallery, Tampa, FL
1987 – 1990
Fred Snitzer Art Gallery, Miami, FL
- 1988 – 1991 The Kimberly Gallery of Art, Washington.
- DC 2005 O & Y Gallery, Miami, FL
- 2006-2007 Naomi Silva Gallery, Atlanta, GA
- 1995-2000 Cuban Collection Fine Art, Coral Gables, FL
- 2011 Michael Lisi Fine Art, New York, NY
- 2012 Bernard Marckowics Fine Art, Miami, FL
- 2013 Namdi Fine Art, Wynwood, Miami, FL
- Oct. 2016 Los Oficios Award, Nelson Dominguez Gallery, IX Cuban Printmakers Encounter, Center for the Development of Visual Arts, Havana, Cuba.
- Feb. 2005 Rembrandt Graphic Arts Award at the Boston Printmakers 2005 North American Print Biennial, University of Boston, Boston, MA
- 2003 Tai-Ho-Masterpiece Award at the International Printmaking Biennial of Beijing, Beijing, Popular Republic of China.
- 1998 Tama Art University Tokyo International Mini-Print Triennial, Tokyo, Japan.
- Mar. 1996 Tosayamada Museum of Art Prize, 3rd Kochi International Triennial Exhibition of Prints, Kochi, Japan.
- Nov. 1991 Special Organizer’s Award, International Triennial Competition of Print, Osaka, Japan.
- Mar. 1991 First Prize in the Print Category, The Florida International Master’s Benefit, WPBT, Channel 2, Miami, FL
- Feb. 1991 Honorable Mention of Monoprint, 9th Biennial of Latin American and Caribbean Printmaking of San Juan, PR
- Mar. 1990 Merit Award of Monoprint, International Competition One of a Kind sponsored by International Graphic Art Foundation of Connecticut.
- Sept. 1986 Honorable Mention of Painting, V Ibero-American Biennial of Mexico, Mexico, DF
- Oct. 1986 Honorable Mention of Painting, I Biennial of Miami, Miami Convention Center, Miami, FL
- 1984 Mixed Media Award (WPBT) Channel 2 Art Auction and Exhibition, Miami Studio, FL
- 1981 First Prize of Painting, Hispanic Heritage Festival Art Show, Miami, FL 1981 Third Prize of Painting, Hialeah Showcase, Hialeah City, FL
- 1976 Honorable Mention of Sculpture, VI Salón Provincial Juvenil, National Museum, Havana, Cuba.
- 1975 Honorable Mention of Painting, V Salón Nacional Juvenil, National Museum, Havana, Cuba.
- 1967 Third Prize at the XLVII Salón del Circulo de Bellas Artes, Havana, Cuba.
Incursion In Cuban Printmaking, 1949-1997 by David Mateo
Victor Gomez is among the artists appearing in the published book Art Of Cuba In Exile by Jose Gomez Sicre, founder and first director of the Museum Art of Latin America, Washington, DC
Victor Gomez has been selected by a group of Cuban curators to be part of the 450 mayor artists that will appear in the volume Memoria, Cuban Art of the 20th Century.
NEWSPAPER & MAGAZINE ARTICLES:
Ele Nusa, “Nueve pintores en busca de un tema”, Revista Bohemia, Julio de 1978, Ha- vana, Cuba. Veigas, Jose “Del Paisaje Cubano, Ocho Versiones”, Revolución y Cultura Magazine, Havana, Cuba, 1978. Ramos Cruz Guillermina, “Del Paisaje al Entorno Humano,” Bohemia Magazine, Havana, Cuba, 1979. Rosado Olympia, “Expusieron sus pinturas 9 cubanos recién llegados”, Diario Las Americas, Miami, August, 1981.
Balmaseda, Liz, “A Refugee Michelangelo,” Living Today, The Miami
Herald, November 1981. Castro, Ivan A., “Refugee for Creative Cubans” The Miami News, December 1981. Armand, Octavio, Escandalar Magazine, New York, January,
- Fernandez Giraudi, Enrique, “Ten Out of Cuba”, El Tiempo, New York, June 1982. Caribbean Review Magazine, (Cover), “The Caribbean Exodus, Winter 1982, Miami, FL. Garcia, Luciano, “Triunfa el Pintor Cubano Victor Gomez en USA, Diario Las Americas, Miami, January, 1983. Gonzalez, Maria F. “Six Out of Cuba,” Marquee Magazine, February 1983. Brownstein,Cheryl, “Mariel Festival of the Arts Opens,” The Miami News, Miami, August, 1983. Fulle, Tomas, “Victor Gomez el puro lenguaje de las formas,” Replica Magazine, Miami, May 1984. Alvarez, Jorge, “El Millón en el Arte,” Millon Magazine, Miami, July, 1984. Casalins, Rafael, “Pintura que pinta,” El Nuevo Herald, Miami, September, 1985. Gilder, George, “Making it” Wilson Quarterly, Smithsonian Institute,Washington, DC, Winter 1985. Gomez, Victor, “Gran Salon del Talento de Miami,” Replica Magazine, Miami, December, 1985.
Morsela, Astur, “Muestra de Quince Artistas Hispanos,” Miami Mensual Magazine, October, 1986. Casalins, Rafael, “Bienal Miami 1986, Un Evento en Discordia,” El Nuevo Herald, October 1986. Arredondo, Mario, “La Monotipia: una nueva incursion,” Replica Magazine, February, 1986. Luis Felipe Marsans, “Impulsan Victor Gomez y Lia Galletti el Arte del Grabado en Miami,” Diario Las Americas, June 29, 1986. Victor Gomez, “In Focus”, Mariel Magazine, 1986. Silva, Blanca, “Victor Gomez encuentra una nueva proyección en el grabado,” Geomundo Magazine, May, 1987. Alvarez Bravo, Armando, “Victor Gomez: cuatro grabados” Galeria, El Nuevo Herald, November 1989. Perez, Miriam “Pintor obtuvo además de la libertad una nueva técnica que cambió su vida,” Diario Las Americas, 1990. Pau Llosa, Ricardo, “Cuban American Artists of the Eighties,” Cuban Heritage Magazine, FIU, Miami, 1990. Regina de Marcos, Arte, “Victor Gomez,” Vanidades Magazine, October, 1990, Miami. Barciela, Susana, “Artist Back with a Bang in New Medium,” The Miami Herald, February, 1991. Alegre Barrios, Mario, “La Dualidad Plástica de Victor Gomez,” Arte, El Nuevo Dia, Puerto Rico, May, 1991. Alegre Barrios, Mario, “Victor Gomez triunfa en la Trienal de Osaka 91,” El Nuevo Dia, Puerto Rico, 1991. Barciela, Susan, “New Revives an Artist Passion,” Neighbor, Miami Herald, Miami, Fl , 1991.
Alvarez Bravo, Armando, “Victor Gomez, una Gráfica Expresionista,” Galeria, El Nuevo Herald, November, 1991. “Contemporary Prints,” Atelier, Magazine of International Art, December 1991, Japan. Pages, Eduardo, “Victor Gomez artista promotor de artistas,” Replica Magazine, 1992. Caballero, Josie, “Victor Gomez es todo corazón,” Cartel Magazine, Miami, 1992. “Victor Gomez en la Galeria Vanidades,” Mi Casa Magazine, Miami, 1992. “Exhibirá la Galeria Vanidades muestra de Pintura y Grabado de Victor Gomez,” Diario Las Americas, March 1992. “Victor Gomez, Exhibición de Pinturas y Grabados de este celebrado artista cubano,” El Sol de Hialeah, March 1992. Arte, Mundo 21, “Victor Gomez,” May, 1992. Rivas, Juan Carlos, “Victor Gomez y las Actitudes del Corazon,” Artes Plasticas, El Diario de Hoy, El Salvador, San Salvador, November 1993. Veiga, Marisela, “Victor Gomez, Painter and Printmaker,” In Care of Magazine, Miami, FL, Spring 1993. “Absolut Mariel,” Selecta Magazine, Miami, FL 1995. “Absolut Mariel: una panorámica histórica,” 1980-1995, Miami Mensual Magazine, May 1995.
“Victor Gomez: An Attitude of the Hands,” ARS Magazine, Miami, FL, March 1996. Perez, Miriam, “Gana Victor Gomez otro Premio de Grabado en Japon,” Diario Las Americas, June 1996. De la Fuente, Jorge, “El Placer de Grabar,” Art America Magazine, August 1996. Acebo, Waldo, “Victor Gomez una trayectoria,” Art America Magazine, September 1997. Perez, Miriam, “Nueva carga de color y contenido humano en monotipos de Victor Gomez,” Diario Las Americas, Miami, October 1997. Alvarez Bravo, Armando, “El principio de la incertidumbre,” Arte y Cultura, El Nuevo Herald, October 1997. Pacheco,Gaston “Victor Gomez, Siete Premios, Una Técnica,” Selecta Magazine, December 1997. Sanchez Amores, Lidia, Arte, “Victor Gomez y el hechizo de la monotipia,” Casa y Estillo Magazine, Año V Numero 28, Miami, FL. Sharp, Deborah, “The Traveling Collector,” Art & Antiques, January, 1999. Bragado Reinaldo, Bretana, “Victor Gomez, Monotipias,” Diario Las Americas, Mayo, 1999. Evora, Jose Antonio, “Nuevas monotipias de Victor Gomez,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, May 1999. Alzola, Concha, Arte, “Victor Gomez,” Vanidades Magazine, June, 1999. Who is Who in the Art, Art Dictionary, Volume I and II, L’ Art International, 1999-2000. Triff, Alfredo, “Mariel y su contrapunto plástico en el destierro,” Herencia Magazine, Volumen & No. I, 2001, Miami, FL. Alvarez
Bravo, Armando, “ Obra de Victor Gomez en Taiwan,” El Nuevo Herald, March 2002. Jose Antonio Evora, “Talleres de Serigrafia y Monotipo con Gomez,” Aplausos, El Nuevo Herald, December 2002. Adriana Herrera, “Victor Gomez y la diversión de su bestiaro,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, January 16, 2005. Jesus Hernandez, “Res- onancia Mayor,” Arte, La Revista del Diaro, February 25, 2005. “Mariel, The Journey, The Stories,” A Special Publication of The Miami Herald/El Nuevo Herald, Sunday, April 3rd, 2005. Jesus Hernandez, “Vision Tripartita,” Artes, La Revista del Diario, April 22, 2005. Olga Connor , “La Pintura Que Cruzó el Puente Mariel,” Séptimo Dia, El Nuevo Herald, April 24, 2005. Olga Connor, “25 AÑOS DESPUES,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, May 15, 2005. Carlos M. Luis “Proceso de las Artes en Miami,” La Cuba del Norte, Special supplement, El Nuevo Herald, May 15, 2005. Adriana Her- rera, “Seleccionado Victor Gomez en prestigiosa Bienal de Grabado,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, 2005. Carlos M. Luis, “12 Grabadores Locales y Una Nueva Galeria,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, June 16, 2005. Olga Connor, “Otro Triunfo para Vic- tor Gomez,” Galeria, El Nuevo Herald, August 23, 2005. Elena Iglesias, “Victor Gomez y su Portafolio Maestro,” Aplausos, El Nuevo Herald, November, 2009. Olga Connor, “Victor Gomez, Impresión individual y única,” Artes y Letras, El Nuevo Herald, Miami, FL. Claudia Rousseau PhD, “Love in the Abstract, Recent Monoprints by Victor Gomez,” Art District Magazine, Feburary 2011. Gustavo Valdes, interview “Victor Gomez en China,” Guanlan Series, Ars Atelier City, Magazine, Guttenberg, NJ, 2011.
Adriana Herrera, “Victor Gomez, Meditation on the Happening of the Form,” Art Dis-trict Magazine, Miami, FL, 2012.
- Chase Manhattan Bank of New York, NY
- Capital Bank, Washington, DC
- First National Bank, Miami, FL
- Continental National Bank of Miami, FL
- CONTACA, Caracas, Venezuela
- Burger King Corporation, Miami, FL
- North Gables Hospital, Coral Gables, FL
- Republic National Bank, Miami, FL
- Ready State Bank, Miami, FL
- Oceania Cruise
- Kendall Art Center / The Rodriguez Collection, Miami, FL
- Huntsville Museum of Art, Huntsville, Alabama
- Norton Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL
- Miami Dade Public Library, Miami, FL
- Housatonic Museum of Art, CT
- Archer M. Huntington Art Gallery, University of Texas at Austin
- Instituto de Cultura Puertorriqueña, PR
- Osaka Prefectural Contemporary Art Center, Osaka, Japan
- Tosayamada Museum of Art, Kochi, Japan
- International Print Triennial Society, Cracow, Poland
- Tama Art University Museum, Tokyo, Japan
- Printmaking National Museum, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Yang Huang Art Museum, Beijing, Popular Republic of China
- Flint Institute of Art, Flint, MI
- Montgomery College, Silver Spring, MD
- Guanlan Printmaking Base, Guanlan, Shenzhen, China
- National Museum of Taipei, Taiwan
- Universidad Autónoma de Mexico
- Aluna Art Foundation, Miami, FL
- Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- China Museum of Print, Shenzhen, China
- Lehigh University Art Galleries, PA
4702 SW 75th Avenue Miami, FL 33155